Sunday, February 03, 2008

Introducing Mark Sadaka and PharmaWatchDog


My name is Mark Sadaka. I am trial lawyer and former scientist who has dedicated his career to defending the public from the onslaught of poorly designed products and unethical business practices.

I earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Pennsylvania State University where I was awarded the Student Service Award for research projects that I designed and conducted involving end-stage AIDS patients based in the infectious disease department of a large teaching hospital. I was also a peer health educator for Healthworks, the country’s largest student-run health organization. I earned a Master of Science in Public Health degree from Tulane University’s School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine with specialization in environmental toxicology and risk assessment. My graduate research at the Tulane Center for Bioenvironmental Research focused on the use of molecular modeling and molecular dynamics techniques to study ligand-receptor and protein-DNA interactions occurring in steroid receptor complexes. This research is one of the cornerstones to understanding how pesticides affect the endocrine system. While obtaining my Masters degree, I worked as a science advisor to Tulane’s Environmental Law Clinic.

I earned my law degree from Washington University in St. Louis where I served as an Editor of the Journal of Law and Policy Law Review. At Washington University, I argued bail reductions and parole violations, second-chaired felony trials, and conducted preliminary hearings while working at both the public defender and St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s office. I also participated in the Environmental Moot Court competition. Washington University awarded me the title of Public Service Scholar with Highest Distinction for my service to the community.

I suffered a tremendous personal tragedy when my mother died from cigarette-induced lung cancer during law school. That loss solidified my commitment to defending those who cannot defend themselves against companies with nearly unlimited resources.

Email me at mark@defendingtheconsumer.com with any questions, comments or just to chat.

Mark's Blog

Welcome to the yobbosphere.

No comments: