Friday, May 22, 2009

Confessions of a Vioxx Saleswoman


This is her Survivor blurb:

Corinne Kaplan takes great pride in being able to manipulate the people around her. As a pharmaceutical sales rep, this smart and sexy, self-described bitch, is in it purely for the money. At work, Corinne must convince physicians to prescribe her products. Now, Corinne is looking to convince her fellow tribe mates that she's trustworthy, while ready to sell them out behind their backs.

This catty former sorority girl uses her wit and sex appeal to further her goals.

Here's what she said about selling Vioxx:

At one point, Corinne insisted, “I have no moral compass.” The most damning illustration has to do with her (now former) job as a pharmaceutical sales rep, where she said she knowingly sold drugs to physicicans that she knew would kill people. “Selling drugs is a lie. I sold drugs that I knew damn well—I sold Vioxx for Merck before it got taken off the market for killing people. I knew damn well it was dangerous; I went around telling them to write it. There’s a lot of serious lying I’ve done in my life,” she said.

2 comments:

Pharma Giles said...

This lady and Wayne McFadden sound like a match made in Heaven. There's a book in this...

Grumpy, M.D. said...

At least she's honest about being dishonest.

Granted, it's 5 years after the fact.