The head of Europe's pharmaceutical industry body has threatened "a series of lawsuits" if the EU's medicines body goes ahead with its great plans to publish more of the clinical trial information it holds. The European Medicines Agency plans to proactively publish the Clinical Study Reports (CSRs) companies submit to it when they apply for a license. Researchers at Germany's medicines licensing body this week showed that these CSRs contain vital information about drug effectiveness and safety and that regulators and doctors need that information to make decisions about treatments.
The industry body thinks they can delay or stop the release of this information with lawsuits. We need your help to expand the AllTrials campaign and make sure the attempts to kick this into the long grass don't work.
Here are 5 things you can do this week to make the AllTrials campaign bigger and better:
1. Get 10 people to sign the petition on www.alltrials.net. If you haven't Tweeted, blogged and told all your friends and colleagues to sign please do that now.
2. Donate to the campaign - we need to expand our global reach. One way to do this is a really good campaign video capturing the voices of many of our supporters. Please help us produce that.
3. Ask your organisation to join the campaign. 400+ have already - is your professional body and its international association among them?
4. Add our powerpoint slides to any presentations you're giving or to your conference background slide.
5. Add our AllTrials web button. We have made banners and buttons in standard sizes.
Do let us know if you've done these things, and please do tell us other ideas for expanding the reach of the campaign.
Please donate at https://www.justgiving.com/alltrialsappeal